Worker safety, product safety, property protection, premises liability, environmental risk and cyber risk are just a few examples of risk events that can have a significant impact on both the profitability and reputation of our insureds. We tailor our Risk Control services to each client’s organizational operations, market environment and priorities, just as they tailor their services to the specific challenges faced by their clients.
We are active members of key industry associations including the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), National Safety Council (NSC), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Our risk control professionals hold the highest industry certifications such as Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Our Unique Risk A/T® Approach
Risk taking is essential to a successful organization – without risk there is no reward. Working with our dedicated underwriters and claims specialists, our Risk Control teams deliver the next generation of loss control consultation with a focus on the industries and client groups we serve.
- Sompo International’s Risk A/T® approach promotes informed risk management through behavioral-based risk analysis since most accidents, whether rooted in inadequate design or unsafe activities, are based on two human factors:
- Aptitude: How well does an organization understand the risks they are taking and the consequences of their actions?
- Tolerance: How willing is the organization to accept their risks and the consequences of their actions?
- We tailor best practices, case studies, scenario analysis, and lessons learned to each client to educate our insureds on the costs and benefits of the specific risk exposures related to their environment, products and the services that they offer.
- We work with clients so that they fully understand their distinct risk/reward tradeoff, can moderate their actions to suitable tolerance levels and appropriately manage their exposures.